SUMMARY OF THE PAGE
0. History and Evolution of Electronics Technology
1. Radio Industry
2. Ionosphere Research
3. Television and Radar
4. Analogues Computers and Control Engineering
5. Growth of Digital Methods
6. The ENIAC
7. What is Electronics?
8. Electronics Parts and Components
9. Availability Of Electronics Parts and Components at eBay
10. Electronics Test Equipment
11. Terminology Of Electronics
12. What are Semiconductors
13. The History Of Semiconductors
14. Before Buying Read the Reviews Given Below
15. Buy Electronics Components at eBay
16. Importance of Gadgets In Human Society
17. Availability Of Multifarious Electronics Gadgets at eBay
The word ‘Electronics’ was hi-jacked from the physicists of electronic tubes. It was first used to describe the internal physics of a vacuum tube. Vacuum tube physicists quite naturally felt resentment at the this transgression. The word got more prominence when it was used as the title for a new monthly magazine published by McGraw-Hill. At the first stage articles on interesting aspects of Radio, myriad applications of vacuum tube i.e. for controlling temperatures in Welding Apparatus etc were improvised and designed. But with the passage of time more complicated industrial applications began to dominate the magazine.The term Electronics Engineering replaced the word electronics also encompassing the fields like Television and Short Wave World in 1941.
The Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE) formed in 1912 existed alongside the older American Institute of Electrical Engineers (AIEE), and had rapidly gained strength.In consequence, while it did good work, the BritIRE was never a significant challenge to the IEE.
In retrospect, this is a pity since a strong professional body devoted to light current electrical engineering would have had great value. In particular it would have been appreciated by computer pioneers, who felt frustration with the way that the IEE was dominated by heavy electrical engineers.
Perhaps the earliest non-communication use of radio was the use of radio waves for exploring the upper atmosphere. They invented “Ionospheric Echo Sounder”. This was one of the first uses of the CRT as a display device.
Without the CRT, electronics would hardly have been possible. It is in universal use, both as an embedded display device and also as the basis of the cathode ray oscilloscope, an essential piece of test gear. What a pair of headphones is to ordinary radio, the cathode ray oscilloscope is to electronics. Television gave a great stimulus to electronics. Circuits for generating and handling the waveform for setting up a raster, synchronization, extracting information from the received signal etc, are all properly described as electronics. Compared with television, early radar sets were relatively simple, emphasizing radio rather than electronics, but as time went on they became more sophisticated electronically. Some of the later systems could track a target automatically. This involved the use of a strobe waveform for sampling part of the signal.
It was late 1930s when Analogous computers, mainly mechanical, came into prominence. Most important was the Mechanical Differential Analyzer invented by V. Bush, was most important for solving ordinary differential equations. In the 1960’s analog computers were replaced by digital computers. At about this time Universities began to host Control Engineering Departments. These departments were both users of electronics and contributors to it.
This resulted in the perception that a closer connection existed between computers and control than has actually proved to be the case. Electronic methods did not have a monopoly in control engineering.
Up to the end of WW2 virtually everything was analog with an emphasis on linear circuits. The use of pulse code modulation for telephony had been proposed by A. H. Reeves in 1937 but it was much ahead of its time and had so far made little impact. Otherwise there were two major excursions into digital electronics, Colossus and the ENIAC. One should be careful how one describes Colossus to ordinary people.
The ENIAC was a general purpose digital computer, it was supported by the US Army Ordinance Department, who proposed to use it to compute artillery firing tables. In historical terms, the main achievement of the ENIAC group was not the ENIAC itself, but the development of the advanced architectural ideas to which it led them and on which modern stored program computers are based.The term stored program computer is, of course a technical term, and does not simply mean that the program is stored in some way in the computer. One should take care not to apply the term to any computer proposed or built at an earlier period.
Electronics is an industrial area of growth and opportunity. Constantly up-graded new technologies have created a strong demand for employees who are well trained as electronics technicians. Employment opportunities also exist in many related fields, such as computing, communications, industrial controls, aerospace, biomedical electronics, semi-conductor fabrication, and instrumentation. Employee assignments ordinarily involve product testing, troubleshooting of circuits and systems, or field maintenance and repair. Read the Basic Electronics HereWe make the assumption that you have no prior knowledge of electronics, electricity, or circuits, and start from the basics. This is an unconventional approach, so it may be interesting, or at least amusing, even if you do have some experience.So, the first question is:
What is an electronic circuit?
A circuit is a structure that directs and controls electric currents, presumably to perform some useful function. The very name “circuit” implies that the structure is closed, something like a loop. That is all very well, but this answer immediately raises a new question: “What is an electric current?” Again, the name “current” indicates that it refers to some type of flow, and in this case we mean a flow of electric charge, which is usually just called charge because electric charge is really the only kind there is. Finally we come to the basic question:
Following are the most common electronics components:
6. Integrated Circuits
See Here Complete List of Electronic Components
At eBay Electronic Components available at the following links:
A huge quanity and variety of Electronic Test Equipment is manufactured. This is used for testing new appliances. Also it is used for repairing all types and kinds of Electronic Equipment.You can buy Electronic Test Equipment at eBay. Buy Here Electronic Test Equipment at eBay
There are a large number of terms in Electronics Technology. One can consult this Terminology at the following links:
See Here, Complete List of Terminology of Electronics
Semiconductors are crystalline or amorphous solids with distinct electrical characteristics.They are of high electrical resistance — higher than typical resistance materials, but still of much lower resistance than insulators. Their resistance decreases as their temperature increases, which is behavior opposite to that of a metal. Their conducting properties may be altered in useful ways by the deliberate, controlled introduction of impurities (“doping”) into the crystal structure, which lowers its resistance but also permits the creation of semiconductor junctions between differently-doped regions of the extrinsic semiconductor crystal. The behavior of charge carriers which include electrons, ions and electron holes at these junctions is the basis of diodes, transistors and all modern electronics.Read Here Complete Article Entitled: Semiconductors
Materials that contain both the properties of a conductor and an electrical insulator are known as semiconductors.
The first documented observation of a semiconductor was made in 1833 when British physicist Michael Faraday who noted the electrical resistance of Silver sulfide declines with falling temperatures.
(a) Rectification and Diodes
After the initial discovery of semiconductor material, the next big breakthrough came with the realization that these materials could be used in rectification, or the conversion of alternating current (AC) in to direct current (DC).
1. In 1874, British physicist Arthur Schuster observed rectification with a circuit made of copper wires. Schuster noted that rectification only occurred in his circuit after it had been left to sit for a while.
2. Then, after Schuster cleaned off the end of the wires, the rectification effect was gone.
3. The reason for this was when Schuster cleaned off his wires, he was effectively removing copper oxide, a semiconductor.
4. In 1929, German physicist Walter Schottky was able to confirm this effect at the metal-semiconductor junction.
5. The property of rectification makes semiconductors essential to the creation of a diode.
Permitting an electric current to pass in just one direction, diodes are the basis for radio and TV tuners and LEDs (light-emitting diodes), among other things.
1. In addition to being useful at the metal-semiconductor junction, physicists found semiconductor materials to be useful at junction between a semiconductor and an electrolyte, where it has A Photovoltaic Effect.
2. In 1876, William Grylls Adams and Richard Evans Day discovered that lighting up a junction between selenium and platinum could change the direction of a flowing electric current.
3. This discovery led to the creation of The First Solar Cell, by Charles Fritts in 1883. The efficiency of this cell was less than 1 percent.
(c) In Transistors
1. Semiconductors are also crucial to the development of transistors.
2. The first semiconductor transistor was developed by America physicists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain in 1947.
3. The physicists used the semiconductor germanium with two tightly-spaced gold contacts placed against it with a spring.
4. The chunk of germanium had an exterior layer with an overabundance of electrons,and when an electric signal passed in through the gold foil, it inserted points without electrons, making a thin layer with an electron deficiency.Read Here Complete Article Entitled: The History Of Electronics & Semiconductors/a>
14. Before Buying Read the Reviews Given Below
First get intimated with the repute of the product you want to purchase, through reading reviews. In the second place, try to protect your purchases with a warranty as detailed in the article at the following link:
How to Protect eBay Purchases With a Warranty
Vintage Electric Appliance Cords Free Ebay Tip Make Money From Home Part Time Income”>Get Warranty for eBay Purchases
At present, all human life depends so heavily on electronics that it may truly be called An Age of Electronics. All the aspects of our life are so tightly connected to Electronics that it is almost impossible to find any gadget or contraption – – – mechanical, electrical or otherwise that is not supported by some electronic circuit. Or at least switching off – on is conduced all through electronics. This can well be judged by the following list gadgets prevalent now-a-days This is only a short-list. Actual list is endless.
1. Alarm Clock or Wall Clock.
2. Coffee Maker.
5. Radio and Television.
6. Mobile Phone
7. Traffic Signals.
9. DVD & CD Players
11.Electronics in our automobiles save lives.
13.The police use various electronic equipment in their pursuit of criminals.
14.Electronics in motion at our department stores and malls.
15.Gadgets are also beneficial for disabled people.
16.Hair dryer, hair straightener
See Complete article on How Electronics Help Our Day to Day Life
See Complete Article on the Importance of Gadgets in Our Lives